Nextech offers a non-pressurised fire extinguishing system from EXXFIRE for safeguarding IT and electrical installations.
The EXXFIRE fire suppression system has a new application for rocket launching technology, providing a safe, effective and environmentally-friendly fire extinguishing system for enclosed installations such as server racks, electrical panels and power distribution cabinets.
The system’s smoke detectors detect the development of smoke and initiate a chain reaction in the gas generators, which converts solid matter into nitrogen (N2) gas, which quickly smothers the fire, minimising damage to electrical wires and IT cables.
The system is installed as a retrofit/integrated system, e.g. on top of a server rack, and is available in three sizes depending on the size of the area to be protected.
The maintenance-free system includes:
- Smoke detection with three optical sensors
- Backup battery for optimal operational reliability
- LED indicator and buzzer alarm
- Non-pressurised gas container with nitrogen gas for extinguishing
- Silent gas release
- Environmentally-friendly gas that simply needs to be vented out after system activation.